Pearland TX Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere at any time, but when they occur they can cause serious personal injury. If you or a loved one has suffered a slip and fall accident or injury, Pearland personal injury attorney can help. But not every slip and fall attorney can prove beneficial for your injury case.
Why Contact a Pearland TX Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer?
Most slip and falls happen in business settings, such as restaurants, grocery stores, drug stores, office buildings, construction sites, gas stations and malls, but they also happen on private property in Pearland TX. Premises liability accidents can include toxic exposure, animal attacks such as dog bits, and swimming pool accidents.
No matter where it happens there exist duties on the part of the property owners to maintain the property responsibly and avoid the existence of hazardous conditions.
Dangerous or defective conditions may be large or small, temporary or permanent. Therefore, investigation of the claim is essential to a successful case in Pearland TX. Temporary conditions, such as water or oil on the floor of a restaurant or snow and ice on the stairs need to be investigated and documented quickly.
If you are injured in Pearland TX you need to try to remember all the facts that surrounded the injury. Facts can make or break your case.
Why Choose Pearland TX Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers?
So if you have been injured in a fall, the owner of the property on which the accident happened in Pearland TX may be liable. In a perfect world, they would be compassionate, but too often they will try to shirk their responsibility. The insurance company is only concerned with its own interests, and will try to make the settlement as low as possible. This is why you should always seek the advice of an attorney in Pearland TX with experience in personal injury cases.
Here are some tips you should know about choosing the right slip and fall injury attorney in Pearland TX:
- First, don’t be afraid of lawyers. The stereotype of the greedy condescending personality just is not the reality. Especially in personal injury cases, attorneys in Pearland TX really do want to help people not be taken advantage of.
- You are probably wondering how much you will end up having to pay. Most slip and fall injury attorneys in Pearland TX waive their fee if you do not win a settlement. You will not be responsible for any retainer or hourly rates. There may still some up-front costs, such as filing fees. Your attorney will go over all of these with you ahead of time.
- When you are looking for a law firm in Pearland TX, ask your neighbors, coworkers, and friends if they have any that they would recommend. It does not have to be a personal injury firm at this point; any lawyer will be able to give you a referral to someone that can help you. If you have seen a doctor for your injury, he or she might have a recommendation.
- The best attorneys are compassionate, respond quickly to your phone calls, and explain things to you in plain language. If you find at the initial consultation, that you do not feel comfortable, do not feel awkward about not hiring this firm and going somewhere else in Pearland TX.Even if you believe your case is cut and dry, do not make another move without consulting a slip and fall injury lawyer in Pearland TX. That way you will be sure to get the maximum amount you deserve.
How will Pearland TX Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers Help You?
Slip and fall cases are often challenging and difficult to prove. To prevail, a slip and fall attorney in Pearland TX must establish not only the existence of a dangerous condition, but the property owner’s actual or constructive knowledge of that condition. An experienced slip and fall attorney should initiate an immediate investigation, and:
- Conduct an inspection of the area in Pearland TX to ascertain the dangerous condition that caused the slip and fall accident;
- Secure evidence of the dangerous condition before it ‘disappears’;
- Track down witnesses in Pearland TX, if any, to the slip and fall accident or witnesses with knowledge of the dangerous condition;
- Locate proof of prior complaints about the dangerous condition, if any, or of prior slip and fall accidents at the same location in Pearland TX.
In A Car Accident In Pearland? This Is What You Should Do
The aftermath of a car accident can be chaotic, particularly if you have been injured. You, your passengers, and others involved in the accident are often taken by surprise and may need a few moments to focus. However, there are certain things that you should do in the aftermath of an accident, and there are also things that Texas law requires you to do. Failure to complete certain post-accident activities may jeopardize your claim against a negligent driver for injuries you suffered or for damage to your property. Furthermore, a Pearland personal injury attorney warns that failure to follow the requirements of Texas law following a car accident may result in you being faced with penalties even if you were not at fault for the accident. Here are things that you must do if you are in a car accident.
Stop and Call the Police
Regardless of the seriousness of an accident, you should always call the police. It is important to get a police report documenting the specifics of the accident. If you need to file a claim against the other driver, a police report taken at the scene of the accident can be critical later on in pinpointing fault. In addition, Texas law requires that if you are in an accident where someone is injured or property is damaged, you must show your driver’s license to the person who was injured or whose property was damaged, and you must give that person your name and address. Or you can provide that information to a police officer. If the other driver refuses to cooperate or tries to convince you that insurance will “handle it” and a police report is not necessary, do not listen.
Make sure you get the following information from the other driver: name, address, driver’s license number, license plate number, color/make/model of the vehicle, and the name of the owner of the vehicle. This information is important to ensure that you will be able to later contact the other driver. It is also critical information to report to your insurance company.
Get Medical Attention
If you are injured get medical attention at the scene. Make sure an ambulance is called. In addition to ensuring that your injury is cared for, getting immediate medical attention will help support your later claim about the severity of your injuries.
Get the Names of Witnesses
Get the names and contact information of as many witnesses as possible. Third party witness statements can be vital if there is a dispute as to fault.
Take Photos of the Accident
Use your cellphone to take photos of the accident from several angles. Also take pictures of the road to document skid marks and road conditions. Photos can be important demonstrative evidence to support or refute witness testimony.
Report Accident to the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles
Texas law requires that you must report to the Commission of Motor Vehicles any accident where there is a fatality or injury, or where there is property damage that exceeds $1,000. You must submit this written report within 10 days of the accident. If you are unable, then another participant or the owner of the vehicle must submit the report. Failure to do so is a misdemeanor that could result in the suspension or revocation of your driver’s license or vehicle registration.
Report the Accident to Your Insurance Company
Immediately report the accident to your insurance company. Any delay may weaken your claim and be grounds for your insurance company to deny your claim. In addition, Texas law provides that you have only 30 days to notify your insurance company of a claim for no-fault benefits. No fault benefits are significant, so you do not want to forfeit them by failure to give timely notification of the collision.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney
You should also contact a Houston car accident attorney so that you have a better chance at recovering compensation for your damages and injuries.